To post a comment register a SkylinesCity account or us Disqus, social media logins, Steam or Twitch.
Not got an account? You can sign-up right here. It takes seconds.

Skylines City Forums

Home Forums Cities Skylines General Discussion Which standard PC would you recomend?

This Thread contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Arazmus Arazmus 1 year, 7 months ago.

• Author
    Profile photo of SkiraCeleste
    SkiraCeleste
    Participant

Hi everybody,

I found Cities Skylines about one week ago in a youtube channel I usually watch. And I have to say: I am in love with this game!

Unfortunately I do not have a PC at the moment as I stopped playing games after the Sim City disapointment. Also I just don’t get the different graphic cards (what is better, worse, can the system even operate sufficiently with certain configurations,…) and the other requirements of the game.

I do not want to go to a store because usually they also do not have any idea what they are talking about and only try to sell the most expensive crap to you.

On which PCs are you playing and how much do they usually cost? Just for me to get a feeling.

Thanks a lot for any kind of input!

SkiraCeleste

Profile photo of colko11
    colko11
    Participant

Heyo good day,

This is the advice from Paradox Plaza:

Operating System: Microsoft Windows XP/Vista/7/8/8.1 (64-bit), Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo, 3.0GHz / AMD Athlon 64 X2 6400+, 3.2GHz, RAM: 4GB, Graphics Card: nVIDIA GeForce GTX 260, 512 MB / ATI Radeon HD 5670 (Does not support Intel Integrated Graphics Card), 512 MB, Hard Drive: 4 GB
    Recommended:
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7/8/8.1 (64-bit) Processor: Intel Core i5-3470, 3.20GHz / AMD FX-6300, 3.5Ghz, RAM: 6GB, Graphics Card: nVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 (Does not support Intel Integrated Graphics Card), 2 GB / AMD Radeon HD 7870, 2 GB, Hard Drive: 4 GB

I play with an i5-4570 core and a radeon r9 270x .. it’s like 10% better as the recommended advice.

But, such a computer is expensive … it cost me around 1400 euro = 1500 USD

But, think about buying such a computer..

Profile photo of SkiraCeleste
    SkiraCeleste
    Participant

Hi colko11,

thank you for your advice. I saw the system requirements but I felt unsure which pc to buy for a good experience. As you recomended, I will look into the more high end pc’s in this case.

Thanks a lot!

SkiraCelste

Profile photo of Arazmus
    Arazmus
    Keymaster

When getting a new PC always buy the best you can afford. That method has worked well for me over the years and I usually get around 3 years out of a PC before having to do any major upgrades.

You must be logged in to reply to this Thread.